Air conditioner cleaning in Townsville
Because TropicAir Electrical supply, install and clean all modern aircon, I thought I would provide an overview of how I carry out the clean and why you want to clean your aircon systems. Business and household air conditioners come in multiple forms: Ducted air conditioning, Box air conditioning, split system air conditioning and
Each of these has a slightly different cleaning process. In this guide, I’ll focus on split-system air conditioning cleaning.
6 Quick Steps To Cleaning A Split System Air Conditioner
1) Assure you turned the power supply OFF. Even with the power off, it’s a good idea to avoid any electrical components when cleaning. This is why we suggest getting a licensed electrician in whenever cleaning or playing with any electrical items.
2) Get ahold of your air conditioners manufacturers user manual – use it to help you complete the following steps.
3) Assess the outdoor unit (the condenser) of your split system air conditioner. Clear any debris that may be lingering around the unit and give it a quick clean.
4) On the inside unit, clean dust, and particles off the filter with a vacuum cleaner or by washing it with warm soapy water in your laundry sink. Depending on your manufacturer, you will want to replace it with a new one. Make sure it’s completely dry before replacing it.
5) Clean the condenser and evaporator coils behind the filter. This process is difficult to complete correctly and you will need a few items. Be cautious of using incorrect chemicals – for longevity of your aircon.
– Aircon wash bag and bucket
– Biodegradable non-foaming coil cleaner (I use Triple-D)
– Cleaner degreaser (I use Spray Nine)
6) Finally, you’ll find the drain on your split system often clogs and prevents your air conditioner from reducing humidity. To solve this, we use condensate drain pan treatment.
lastet Electrician Tips
How To Protect Your Home In Townsville
Some affordable options to protect your Townsville home. Security lighting can be installed from $99. See some other options here.
How to read your electricity meter
Reading your electricity meter is useful for keeping track of your electricity usage. This post provides a list of how to read the most common types of electricity meters.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is tropicAir Electrical the best Townsville Electrician?
With our 100% workmanship guarantee, five star Google rating and family owned structure. Yes.
What is an Electrical Contractor?
An electrical contractor is a qualified and insured trade qualified individual. Specialising in electrical installation and repairs.
CAn I clean my own air conditioner?
Yes you can! Although a comprehensive clean means flushing the system, which will require capturing the run off. To do a DIY style clean, just assure the outside unit is free from debris and the filters are clean. But keep in mind, this DIY clean won't kill germs and bacteria that build up in the system.
Do you install Air conditioning?
Yes, TropicAir Electrical are fully qualified and insured electricians who have over 27 years experience installing air conditioning. Our pricing starts from $450 for a back-to-back installation.
I'm a tenant and need my air conditioner cleaned, can you do it for free?
Cleaning of air conditioners come under general maintenance, so it should be carried out regularly. See the RTA's website regarding maintenance and clean working order.
Why should I get my Air Conditioner cleaned regularly?
Regular aircon cleaning for your home or office, assures it operates at peek efficiency. Another reason for regular cleaning is because over a short period of time, germs and bacteria are captured on the filters of your air conditioning system. To stop allergies and the spread of unwanted viruses, it's recommended to clean your aircon every few months.